Caucho Forums  

This forum is permanently closed because of spam. For free community support, please visit Google Groups:

Go Back   Caucho Forums > Quercus

Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Hi Jordi,

Can you provide me with your:

1. operating system
2. JDK version
3. Resin Open Source?
4. how you're starting Resin

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM

Hi Nam,

currently doing the following:

- Linux x86_64 - Ubuntu 12.04
- Sun JDK 1.6.0_32
- Using Resin 4.0.35 (no Pro for testing) + latest lib/ from SVN (rev. 10012)

I just untar latest stable Resin and overwrite lib/ directory with the latest built using ANT over SVN trunk. Then I ./configure --prefix=$PWD and start Resin via /etc/init.d/resin start.

With latest version, all I get is a console.log + watchdog-manager.log. With 10008 I only got a watchdog-manager.log. No trace of jvm-stdout.log...

Did this in previous versions and it worked out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Best,
Jordi
Old 03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Hi Jordi,

It looks like a problem with mixing-and-matching jars. I sent you a link to a full Resin snapshot via private message. Please note that you do not need to do ./configure if you're not using Pro.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 PM

Hi Nam,

as always, thank you very much. This copy works perfectly, but I still keep on getting strange characters when reading an UTF-8 pre-populated database.

Any idea? May I have to use mysql_set_charset() or something new? Anything new to resin-web.xml? Change my default JDBC url (via mysqli) at Drupal level?

Whatever opinion could be of great help.
Thanks,
Jordi
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Hi Jordi,

Is it correct that you're using a JDBC url? (e.g. mysqli_connect("jdbc://...&quot)

When you use a MySQL GUI client, does the binary view show the correct utf-8 bytes?

And old versions of Quercus may have stored incorrect utf8 values into the database. By "incorrect", I mean that it does not match PHP's behavior. The new snapshot matches PHP's behavior. Unfortunately, I can't think of a solution except for exporting and re-importing your data. Can you try the php.net interpreter to see if Quercus' behavior matches PHP's?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:05 AM

Hi Nam,

nope, we're using default mysqli as stated by Drupal:

Code:
<drupal_root>/sites/default/settings.php

$db_url = 'mysqli://<user>:<pass>@localhost/<db_name>';
Database has been pre-populated by a default Apache/mod_php deployment.

Jordi
Old 03-22-2013, 03:49 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the reply. Can you send me via PM a sample dump of the mysql data and queries?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 AM

Default I have also an issue with encoding

I have also an issue with encoding and it's not related with mysql

in java a simple function :

public class EncodingTest {

public static String getString(){
return "îăşţâявяадкйпи Müller ";
}

}

in php :
$test = java_class("EncodingTest&quot;
echo 'String '. $test::getString();

result:

String �_c�O2O04:9?8 M�ller

tested on latest available from download 4.0.35 version and from svn version from 2 april 2013 (now svn is not available and can't test latest version from svn )
Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Hi zalmolksis,

Quercus doesn't transparently understand unicode strings in the default mode. You'll need to set "unicode.semantics=on" in your php.ini to enable native unicode support.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:31 AM

Hi Nam,

yes if I put "unicode.semantics=on" in simple exemple project evrethiing it's fine , but in a bigger project wich is using Zend framework I got php errors and iven first page do not start

something related to unicode

Code:
/ZendFramework-1.12.3/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php:132: Fatal Error: /ZendFramework-1.12.3/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php:132: Call to undefined method Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker_PriorityStack::getIterator object(Exception) (7) { ["message"]=> unicode(87) "Call to undefined method Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker_PriorityStack::getIterator" ["code"]=> int(0) ["file"]=> unicode(73) "/ZendFramework-1.12.3/library/Zend/Controller/Front.php" ["line"]=> int(957) ["trace"]=> array(0) { } ["_quercusException"]=> resource(com.caucho.quercus.QuercusException) ["__javaException"]=> resource(com.caucho.quercus.QuercusErrorException: Call to undefined method Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker_PriorityStack::getIterator) } /ZendFramework-1.12.3/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php:132: Fatal Error: /ZendFramework-1.12.3/library/Zend/Controller/Action.php:132: Uncaught exception of type 'Exception' with message ' Location[null:0]'
i'l try to find a workaround