Caucho Forums  

This forum is permanently closed because of spam. For free community support, please visit Google Groups:

Go Back   Caucho Forums > Resin

Old 02-14-2013, 01:08 AM

Default Resin with IIS and HTTP 503 errors

I'm running Resin 4.0.19 open source on my windows 2008 R2 server with IIS 7. I keep getting 503 service unavailable randomly (sometimes after an hour and sometimes after a a day or two) and the response gets very slow and I have to restart Resin to resolve the issue.

I have high traffic on the site (about 10,000 simultaneous users) but the CPU is low like 10-20%. What could be causing this error?

I've tried increasing the max threads and keepalive time to no avail. Is there another setting that could be tweaked? Could a professional version of Resin resolve the issue? Would you recommend running Resin as a standalone Web server instead of integrating it with IIS (might that be causing the issue)?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Administrator

If the IIS isn't needed in your setup I would definitely recommend using just Resin.

Do you use isapi_srun.dll or Resin.IIS.Handler.dll with IIS?

Feel free to add a bug at: http://bugs.caucho.com/
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 PM

I use the isapi dll. I found it to be way faster than the other.

Ok I will try to use Resin as a stand alone web server to see if that fix the problem. The problem I have now is that I can't seem to get the client side cache to work (expires header). I added this to my resin.xml: <cache-mapping url-pattern='/img/*' expires='10m'/> but it doesn't add any expires header. Do I need a valid license for this to work?

Tags
503, error, iis, resin