Caucho Forums  

This forum is permanently closed because of spam. For free community support, please visit Google Groups:

Go Back   Caucho Forums > Quercus

Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 AM

Default Quercus Google App Engine app Not authorized to access Google Cloud SQL instance

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy Wordpress on Google App Engine by following the steps in this post: http://wordpress-on-quercus-2.appspo...e-app-engine-2 and using the sample files from github: https://github.com/diablonhn/quercus_on_gae_2

I'm facing a problem when trying to establish a db connection from the GAE app to my Google Cloud SQL instance.

On my local dev server I am able to connect to mySQL and able to interact with the database but when I deploy the app to GAE and try to view the sample file mysql.php (on the browser) i get this error:

/mysql.php:11: Warning: A link to the server could not be established.
url=jdbc:google:rdbms://jdbc:google:rdbms//my-project-name:my-instance-name?jdbcCompliantTruncation=false
driver=com.google.appengine.api.rdbms.AppEngineDri ver
java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Not authorized to access instance: jdbc:google:rdbms [mysql_connect]

in the above error, why is the driver (jdbc:google:rdbms) shown twice in the "url" string? is this correct? or is it a bug?

More info:

- in the sample file mysql.php I replaced project_name:instance_name with my actual project and instance name from Google Cloud SQL (copied and pasted from Cloud SQL console to avoid typos.) $jdbc_url = 'jdbc:google:rdbms//project_name:instance_name';

- I did create a Cloud SQL project and instance per Google documentation
- Both my GAE app and Cloud SQL instance are in the U.S. region and billing is enabled.
- I granted access to my GAE app for the Cloud Storage instance, again per the Google documentation, which is very straightforward by the way.
- I'm using appengine-java-sdk-1.7.5 and my java version is "1.6.0_39"
- on my localhost I copied mysql-connector-java-5.1.23-bin.jar to /appengine-java-sdk-1.7.5/lib/impl/ - so I am able to connect to my local instance of MySQL.

At this point I'm not sure why the GAE app is showing as not authorized to access the Cloud SQL instance.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Hi,

Can you email your source files to nam@caucho.com? I'll take a look at it. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Hi Nam,

The issue turned out to be a missing colon in the jdbc_url value. I should have double-checked that.

here is the line from the sample file (mysql.php):
Code:
$jdbc_url = 'jdbc:google:rdbms//project_name:instance_name';
and here is the line that worked for me (including the 3rd colon after rdbms):
Code:
$jdbc_url = 'jdbc:google:rdbms://project_name:instance_name';
Great blog post, by the way. Thanks for that, and thanks for all the great work you guys are doing. Keep it up!

Cheers,
Hiroshi.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Administrator

Cool. Thanks for the update. I think I ran into the "colon problem" before .
Old 02-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Oops, it's the sample mysql.php file. I'll update it. Thanks.

Tags
google app engine, google cloud sql, quercus