PDA

View Full Version : Adding Virtual Hosts Without Restarting Resin

cfconcepts
09-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Is it possible to add virtual hosts without restarting resin for those changes to take affect?

I cannot seem to find any information on this.

Thanks!

Randy

cfconcepts
09-18-2009, 05:24 PM
I posted once but cannot find it. Sorry if this turns out to be a double post

Is it possible to add virtual hosts to resin and not have to restart the service?

Thanks!

Randy

ferg
09-22-2009, 04:38 PM
That capability is an open bug request, although Resin has some configurations that don't require a restart.

If you use the <host-deploy> tag, any added hosts will not force a restart of the entire container. (It's exactly like <web-app-deploy> and the webapps directory).

If you're just adding a <host-alias>, you can use <resin:import path="host.xml"/> and add the host-alias in the host.xml. Because the <resin:import> is scoped to the <host> tag, it will only force a host restart.

How are you configuring the hosts, and how would you like to configure the hosts when we fix the bug? (in 4.0.3). There are a number of design decisions to solve the host issue and we're not certain how we want to solve it yet.

michael.lowden
09-23-2009, 10:31 PM
I posted once but cannot find it. Sorry if this turns out to be a double post

Is it possible to add virtual hosts to resin and not have to restart the service?

Thanks!

Randy
i got an email with my post saying "note, an admin must approve this before you see it" :)