PDA

View Full Version : question related to sessions in a clustered environment

thorr09
05-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi guys!

I have set up a cluster with two resin servers on two different computers (app-a and app-b). I have a web-tier (web-a) started from one of the computers from another resin. This will forward the request to the other two servers. Until this point everything works. I have a webapp with two servlets, one setting session attributes and one reading them. When I call on server "a" the setter servlet, stop server "a" and then I call on "b" the getter servlet, I will not get the session values on "b". I mean I call the web-tier both times, but once it sets session values on "a" and then it gets them on "b". I have set in resin.xml in the web-app tag these:<session-config><use-persistent-store/><always-save-session/></session-config>.
Am I missing something, or what other settings do I need for using one session on another server if the first one craches, or is stopped.

Thanks in advance,

emil
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi,

I'm a little confused about the set up: is the session not shared among two servlets on the same server or the same servlet on two servers or different servlets on different servers?

I think any of those could be a bug, but I just want to make sure I know which one.

Thanks,
Emil