PDA

View Full Version : Resin and mailserver

mabsito
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Hello,

I installed resin on a linux suse server with apache, php5 and a mailserver. Before installing resin my mailserver was woking very well. But if I start resin it shut down and i must reboot my server to restart my mailserver. Can someone help to solve my problem? I want to run resin and my mailserver parallel in one server.

thanks

emil
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi mabsito,

Resin shouldn't be doing anything to the mail server. How are you starting Resin?

Emil

mabsito
04-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I start resin with this commando:

/srv/resin-pro-4.0.5/bin/./resin.sh start

after that resin works very well, but my mailserver doesn´t work after that.

emil
04-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Hi mabsito,

Can you try running Resin using:

cd /srv/resin-pro-4.0.5/
java -jar lib/resin.jar start

And see if the same thing happens?

Thanks,
Emil

mabsito
04-16-2010, 08:57 AM
I have the same problem and when I try to start resin using /etc/init.d/resin start I get this message:

/etc/init.d/resin: line 86: log_daemon_msg: command not found
/etc/init.d/resin: line 96: log_end_msg: command not found

I don´t know why but I didn´t have these problems with resin3. I have plesk on my server installed and it manages my mailserver and apache. May be there is a conflict between plesk and resin?

emil
04-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi mabsito,

This one is kind of baffling... :confused: Does your mail server have any logs that show why it shuts down?

Thanks,
Emil

mabsito
04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi Emil,

I changed log_daemon_msg and log_end_msg in the resin file by echo. And I can start resin now using /srv/resin-pro-4.0.5/bin/./resin.sh start but the notices are not start or stop but 0, 1, etc... how can I change them?

My Webmail doesn´t shut down now, and I can send emails when resin is runnig. But if I start resin I can not receive mails and I get this error message:

<myadress@mydomain.de>: temporary failure. Command output: fork_execv:dup() failed: Permission denied 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at thistime

It´s a permission problem, I think that resin starts some services that deny my server permissions to the inbox-diretories and I can send emails without any problem, I can use resin to send emails without any problem. My problem now is to receive emails with my mailserver when runing resin.
Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks !!
Mabsito

emil
04-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi Mabsito,

The log_end_msg in the resin init.d script just uses the process exit value to determine a message. If it's 0, the process was successful. If it's not 0, it wasn't successful. You can output whatever you like based on that.

For the permission problem, which process is giving that error? If you've got an application in Resin receiving mail (doing a poll) and it needs to be a different user when it does that, you might need to remove the <user-name> and/or <group-name> settings from resin.xml. Then you'll be running Resin as root, but if that's what the application requires, you'll have to do it.

Best,
Emil

mabsito
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Emil,

I resolved my problem!! In my configuration resin was using the variable /dev/null to write the access log and I am running resin as root and my mailserver needs the same variable too. That´s why there will be a conflict in this file if I start resin. I just changed my access log file and all is working fine now!!

Thank you a lot for your support :)