PDA

View Full Version : First steps, and first problems with vbulletin

mrtom
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Hello,

I've been playing around with quercus today in order to see how feasible it will be to be able to integrate PHP with our Java platform. Installing wordpress was nice and simple and very impressive.

My next application was vbulletin (v3.something). Despite it seeming to work initially, it became apparent that I couldn't modify or edit users, or post to forums. I've tried to do some debugging but not (yet) been able to get to the bottom of things - all I know is that some SQL isn't being executed. I notice that this forum is also running vbulletin v3 and have also seen the recent post regarding v4 so if anyone has experience with my problem I'd love to hear.

In general, are issues with existing PHP software expected during migration or does it just usually highlight obscure corners of PHP? Are there any suggested best practices for portable code (eg. thread safe code)?

Regards,
Tom

nam
01-23-2010, 02:26 AM
vbulletin is having some issues with Quercus 4.0.3. Issues are expected during migration, but we are increasing Quercus quality within the next 6 months so that migrations can be as smooth as possible.

derickso
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM
What is current status of Vbulletin 4 with Quercus 4.0.3? I would love to use this combination, but if there are issues I'd like to know what they are ahead of time before I go down this road. Is there an explicit list of known problems or anything of the sort? And any possible workarounds?

ksandeep
12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I am running vBulletin on resin just like this forum application is currently running.

resin version : 4.0.7
vBulletin version : 3.8.6

Issue :
While creating new thread or replying to a post, if you apply some style such as bold/underline to some text and click on 'Preview Post' button below, an exception is thrown saying : "java.lang.IllegalStateException"

You can easily reproduce this by replying to this post and following above steps.

If someone knows how to fix this, please reply.
I need to fix this ASAP.
Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks.

domdorn
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
a quick and dirty workaround would be to comment

line 480 in
/includes/class_bbcode_alt.php like this:
// $this->tag_list['no_option']["$tagname"]['callback'] = 'handle_unparsable';

we'll look into how to fix this in our code base.

domdorn
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I've isolated the underlying issue and created a test case for this.
Will now look into your other issues and look for workarounds, then testcases and then permanent fixes.

yaohua
09-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I admire your web page , it has of lot of information. You just got a perennial visitor of this site!

one tree hill season 1-7 (http://www.wholesalecheapdvd.com/One-Tree-Hill-Season-1-7-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING-274.html)
star trek voyager seasons 1-7 (http://www.wholesalecheapdvd.com/Star-Trek-Voyager-Seasons-1-7-DVD-Boxset-FREE-SHIPPING-52.html)