PDA

View Full Version : ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when communication is interrupted

flavio.donze
07-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Hello

I'm using Riena (http://eclipse.org/riena/) to establish client server communication. Riena uses Hessian as protocol, version 3.2.0.0.

In certain cases when, for example when the client machine goes into sleep mode. I get the following exception after the client tries to communicate with the server:

I would like to notify the user that the communication has been interrupted and that he has to restart the client.
Is there a nicer exception in a newer version or should I compose a feature request. I can't catch ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException because it could be thrown from elsewhere as well.

Thanks for any help!
Flavio

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:390) ~[na:1.6.0_33]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugState.popStack(H essianDebugState.java:103) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugState$CallState. next(HessianDebugState.java:1540) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugState.next(Hessi anDebugState.java:93) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianDebugInputStream.read (HessianDebugInputStream.java:106) ~[na:na]
at java.io.InputStream.read(InputStream.java:160) ~[na:1.6.0_33]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.Hessian2Input.readBuffer(Hes sian2Input.java:2644) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.Hessian2Input.read(Hessian2I nput.java:2624) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.io.Hessian2Input.startReply(Hes sian2Input.java:386) ~[na:na]
at com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianProxy.invoke(Hess ianProxy.java:218) ~[na:na]
at $Proxy120.findById(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]