PDA

View Full Version : Replacment of the session store?

node159
01-04-2010, 09:55 AM
We are a very high traffic site looking to improve our performance profile by disabling session stickiness on our loadbalancers. We moved to from the native resin session clustering as it was not performant enough as well as associated problems resulting from the high load that the server cluster was having to deal with (session corruption).

We plan to move the session storage from resin into our dedicated memcached 'cluster', this would allow us to minimize the memory usage on the existing resin appservers (majority is taken up with session data).

Now the problem, is there a way to replace the built in session cache?

Can the cache provider be configured?
Is the session cache manager exposed at all or would it involve recompiling resin ourselves? (obvious drawbacks there)
Could we just use a session filter to overwrite the session on the fly as the request is processed? (concurrency issues come to mind as well as being a reflection hack)

sondresb
12-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Did you (or someone else that would like to comment) get any further with this? I would be very interested in hearing about your experiences.

Also, related - how have you selected to interface memcached from Java? I take it you also use this for application related caching already?

Cheers and best wishes for the Holiday Season (I know I am reviving an old thread but found it so interesting),

Sondre