PDA

View Full Version : an invalid DataSource

nantucket
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Mac OS 10.5.8
Resin 3.1.6
Java 6

I've registered a javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource within my web.xml file. I'm attempting to load a page which uses the jstl sql query

<sql:query var="vets">SELECT * FROM table</sql:query>

But I'm seeing a 500 error generated with a message that rejects the datasource.

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: `jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myDB,com.mysql.jdbc.Driver,TheUser,ThePassword' is an invalid DataSource.

I've confirmed that the database is present, and I've given privileges for the user to access the database. What could I have missed here? Thanks in advance.

reza
04-04-2011, 02:12 PM
nantucket,

Where has the data source been defined? What is it's JNDI name? Could you share the data source configuration so I can replicate the issue?

Thanks,
Reza

nantucket
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I've upgraded and revised my JSTL implementation. I discuss it in this thread that was created because of another issue I was having with JSTL.

http://forum.caucho.com/showthread.php?t=27694

I'm now using JSTL 1.2 which is bundled with Java EE 5 and I've changed the declaration tags in my jsp pages. So I no longer have the problem.

nantucket
04-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi Reza, I came back in and responded to each of my posts in the three threads that I created and I clearly must not have refreshed the browser because I honestly didn't see any of your replies when I posted my follow up. So I apologize if I showed no regard for your effort to help in each of my posts. Thank you though for taking the time to post. I appreciate it.