PDA

View Full Version : Confusing Product and Pricing

tazzydemon
11-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I am currently running 3.1.6 with Railo as a coldfusion server. This is all running behind apache/php.

With the advent of Quercus 4 it becomes possible (notwithstanding mod-rewrite issues) to have it all running under Resin as this should dramatically improve performance in my somewhat throttled esx centos server.

However I am confused as to what to buy. Even finding the downloads page is hard enough - I got to it through the releases link on the home page.

Disocunting resin professional as too expensice for really small business I looked at the personal version. It is about as clear as mud what the differences are or even what you do/dont get in the downloads. The personal entry is this:

"quercus personal Get all the benefits of Resin Open Source and Quercus for only $99. Limit of one CPU per deployment. Download Resin Pro version 3.2.1 or 4.0 snapshot to activate Quercus Personal. For purchasing or contact details, visit our products page."

One CPU?? Who has one CPU these days? I cant remember the last time I saw any sort of box with less than 2 cores. This, on paper, means Personal is useless unless it autmagically uses one core (which I am guessing is the case)

3.2.1 is not even listed and "4.0 snapshot" and not a later release. What exactly is this talking about. I have installed 4.0.1 on a dev box and it works. I am guessing it will not compile php. Would 4.0.1 pro work if I installed it on a dev box.

Please clarify your offerings for those more stupid amongst the followers of resin!! I want to migrate my small (about 12 site on esx) PHP server but need to know what to buy.

Julian

emil
11-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi Julian,

Contact sales@caucho.com. They should be able to work with you to find the best product for your usage.

Emil