PDA

View Full Version : Windows Service & Watchdog

alanrickman
11-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi all,

I'm quite new to Resin and have been configuring Resin 4 to integrate with IIS (Windows Server 2003) which all works like a charm. I have installed Resin as a Windows service which is working ok except when I come to stop the service.

I've noticed that when I stop the service from the MMC a java process is left behind in task manager which I believe is related to the watchdog(?). If I then start the Resin service without stopping this additional java process Resin does not serve any content successfully (404 errors). I then have to stop Resin kill the java process and then restart Resin.

I understand you can execute 'java -jar resin.jar stop' to stop the watchdog however this still leaves the service running.

So I suppose my question is what is the correct way to shutdown Resin?

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan

alanrickman
11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi all,

I'm quite new to Resin and have been configuring Resin 4 to integrate with IIS (Windows Server 2003) which all works like a charm. I have installed Resin as a Windows service which is working ok except when I come to stop the service.

I've noticed that when I stop the service from the MMC a java process is left behind in task manager which I believe is related to the watchdog(?). If I then start the Resin service without stopping this additional java process Resin does not serve any content successfully (404 errors). I then have to stop Resin kill the java process and then restart Resin.

I understand you can execute 'java -jar resin.jar stop' to stop the watchdog however this still leaves the service running.

So I suppose my question is what is the correct way to shutdown Resin?

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alan

nam
11-05-2009, 05:42 PM
edited: deleted

nam
11-05-2009, 07:24 PM
I'ved confirmed this and filed a bug report at:

http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3747