PDA

View Full Version : HessianServlet and ConversationScope

swiegersf
09-03-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm trying to use a ConversationScoped bean via Hessian Remoting. However, upon instantiating the bean, I get:

Caused by: javax.enterprise.context.ContextNotActiveException : com.caucho.server.webbeans.ConversationContext cannot be used because it's not currently active
at com.caucho.config.scope.AbstractScopeContext.get(A bstractScopeContext.java:91)
at com.caucho.config.inject.InjectManager$NormalInsta nceReferenceFactory.create(InjectManager.java:4330 )
at com.caucho.config.inject.InjectManager$ReferenceFa ctory.create(InjectManager.java:4089)
at forum.UserBean$UserBeanImpl__ResinScopeProxy.start (Unknown Source)

Is there a specific reason why the Conversation scope is not active when using Hessian? I know the spec does not require it to be, but not all enterprise apps use JSF, and besides, it does not seem like it should be too difficult to add? The client could use the cid GET parameter to carry the conversation context between remote invocations.

swiegersf
09-16-2010, 05:25 AM
I have created an issue for this: http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=4213

Weld uses a ConversationManager extension to allow manual control of the conversation scope. This is important for the Seam Remoting module, which accesses conversation scoped beans from Ajax.

Without the ability to have conversations via Hessian, I think the value proposition of Resin as an enterprise app server is vastly reduced, because a large class of enterprise applications use remoting for rich clients.

swiegersf
10-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Hmmm, haven't had a response on this issue now for about a month. Is this forum still the place to discuss issues?