PDA

View Full Version : Joomla 1.5+ on Quercus?

bwillemo
10-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi,

Did anyone succeeded to run Joomla 1.5, 1.6 on Quercus?

The documentation states that it should be possible?

On version 3.1.9 I am getting this error:

pat-Error Could not load module base class.

Some people on the net pointed to missing elements in the distribution, but I installed the same package on a linux box with php without any problems. I am still in stage of the installation of the joomla. Tried as well to take an already installed code base - but no success.

On version 4.0 & 4.1 I am getting:

'JObject' is an unknown class, but this seems to have been reported already and a bug report is created.

Drupal seems to work out of the box. Have seen other people using other products with Quercus, but what about Joomla?

Thank you, BW.

emil
10-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi BW,

We do have a bug for that here:

http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=3682

Based on our current schedule, it looks like we won't be able to fix this for another few weeks while we work on other bugs ahead of it in the queue. You can register on our bug tracker to monitor the issue.

Take care,
Emil

WonderSlug
12-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Howdy emil

Do you happen to know the status on this? It was several months ago that this was talked about and there does not seem to be any change in the bug status.

I am really looking forward to working with Joomla on Resin 4.

Thanks
-=Brian

ferg
12-12-2009, 01:41 AM
The two underlying bugs so far have been interesting. Joomla is doing some unexpected things with the $GLOBALS superglobal.

WonderSlug
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Howdy

I was wondering what the status of this was. I does not look like the bug has been updated for release with 4.0.3 and playing around with joolma 1.5 under quercus seems to be giving some DB errors. Im not getting the JObject error now but it looks like db pool stuff seems to be failing. I have not delved into it much to see it but I was wondering what the state of Joomla support was in general as well.

Thanks
-=Brian

dude_7526
02-15-2010, 12:00 AM
WonderSlug,

I was able to get thru this problem by making the following changes...
in web.xml

<init-param>
<param-name>database</param-name>
<param-value>jdbc/test</param-value>
</init-param>

also in tomcat/conf/ context.xml...

<Resource name="jdbc/test" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
username="root" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?autoReconnect=true"/>

Of course you may have to adjust these settings according your DB

With this I am able to bring up Joomla within Tomcat's webapp with Quercus config..

croux
11-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi dude_7526 !

I tryed to install Joomla 1.5.22 with Quercus on glassfish exactly like you said but I got this error :
controller.php:105: Fatal Error: Method call 'makeNameSpace' is not allowed for a null value.

PHP isn't really my cup of tea so I've made some research and found on old.nabblel (http://old.nabble.com/Installing-Joomla-in-resin-server-td29855480.html) that you have to modify \libraries\joomla\session\session.php to correct this issue.

Replace method named getInstance() on line 150 by this one :
function & getInstance($handler, $options)
{
//static $instance;
if (!is_object(self::$instance)) {
self::$instance = new JSession($handler, $options);
}
return self::$instance;
}

And don't forget to declare a static variable called $instance at the top og your session.php file just after class JSession extends JObject{

This change works perfectly and I can now access the admin interface. But as I'm not a crack in PHP developping so can somebody confirm me this will not have any side effects on my Joomla website in production?

Thanks a lot :)

croux
11-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm facing another issue with session.save_path during the installation of Joomla...

An error has occurred.:

Cookies do not appear to be enabled on your browser client. You will not be able to install the application with this feature disabled. Alternatively, there could also be a problem with the server's session.save_path. If this is the case, please consult your hosting provider if you don't know how to check or fix this yourself.

But the session.save_path is configured properly with a php.ini file as session_save_path() returns me C:\tmp wich is allowed for read/write to anyone...

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

maveric
02-13-2011, 11:58 AM
I found this link that may help:
http://www.vifito.eu/gl/xestion-de-contidos/7-joomla/4-joomla-15-sobre-tomcat-con-quercus.html