PDA

View Full Version : VirtualDocumentRoot issue...


TheFatherMind
08-09-2009, 05:57 AM
I am a bit miffed and perhaps a bit upset that my previous post was ignored and then discarded, as it was very important to me. Through the power of google cache I am now going to re-post it...

Greetings!

I am using resin 3.1 as supplied with and for ralio.
On the web server (apache) we are using "VirtualDocumentRoot" to create a virtual folder structure so that we do not have to restart or reconfigure the web server when adding sites. We have it broken down by domain name then subdomain.

/DocumentFolder/somedomain.com/www/index.html

The apache config for this would like like so..
VirtualDocumentRoot /DocumentFolder/%2.0.%3.0/%1.0

I cannot seem to get resin to be compatible with this. I have gotten close. I used the following config that gave us the ability to do it by the full domain name...

<host regexp="(.+)">
<host-name>${host.regexp[1]}</host-name>
<root-directory>DocumentFolder/${host.regexp[1]}</root-directory>
<web-app id="/" document-directory="."/>
</host>

With this above exmaple I would get <resin folder>/DocumentFolder/www.somedomain.com/index.html

So i tried MANY variations of...
<host regexp="(.*)\.([^\.]+\.[^\.]+)">
<host-name>${host.regexp[1]}.${host.regexp[2]}</host-name>
<root-directory>DocumentFolder/${host.regexp[2]}/${host.regexp[1]}</root-directory>
</host>
And just could not get it to work!
I also tried to simplify the regex with stuff like "(.+).(.+)" and "(.*)\.([^.]+\.[^.])" etc.. I understand the regex concept but am personally not very good with it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and can find very little documentation on the regex concept for resin.

So to summarize I am trying to setup /domainname.com/subdomain/

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this! I really appreciate any help anyone can supply.

~ Merlin / TheFatherMind

ferg
08-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I just checked with 4.0.1 and 3.1.9 and that configuration works fine for me.

Try turning on logging to "fine" or "finer" to see if something odd is happening. You should see something like:

[1998/05/08 02:51:31.000] Host[a.host1.com] starting
[1998/05/08 02:51:31.000] Host[a.host1.com] active

TheFatherMind
08-13-2009, 05:57 AM
I just upgraded to the most current version of Railo and if I an reading the starting information correctly it is using resin 3.1.2. This is incorporated into the whole package thing. Do you know of any documentation that I can use that will assist me in upgrading the resin service within it to 3.1.9? I am going to assume that my issue is resolved somewhere between .2 and .9 based on your post. And by "that configuration" you were referring to my second config that I listed not the first one. As the first one is what I have been forced to use and not what I am after.

ferg - I cannot express to you how much I appreciate that you took the time to look at my issue and post back.

TheFatherMind
08-13-2009, 07:14 PM
This is an update to my above post. I considered editing it but I think posting another post will be more clear. I took it upon myself to do the logical thing and contact the Railo people about my issue and linked them to this post requesting they integrate the more current version of resin in ralio. I got an over night response! I was very impressed! Here is what they told me...

We will update this as soon as possible. There is an installation guide on how to install Resin 3.1.9 with Railo on our website.

http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/documentation/installation/railo-resin-apache/

Resin 3.1.9 is definitely the version to go for if you are using Caucho Resin. Thanks for the head up...


I will repost again after I have completed this and tested.